Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Outed Today

I sent THE email today to most of my adoption friends.  I knew this would be the "toughest" set of folks to hear the news about Ian.  Fortunately, I have received a lot of support and comforting words back from most of them.  I knew it would be hard to hear.  I am about to see a bunch of them on Saturday at our annual New Year gathering, so I wanted them to know before I came face to face with them again.  I just hope they don't freak out and treat me any differently in person next time I see them. 

The adoption community is one very unique set of people.  Unique in a way that everyone is different, comes from all walks of life, no one has the same story to tell about how they entered the adoption world.  However, one thing that brings us all together is the JOY that we have all been able to gain in our lives from adoption.  I too still have that JOY!  I have 3 amazingly beautiful joy filled little girls that have BLESSED my life immensely.  I hope to still be able to share the joy of adoption with others.  I love love love helping families adopt...that will never change.

1 comment:

  1. I just read through your blog and I am in tears. I have no words to express how sorry I am that you all had to travel this road. I can't imagine how hard it was for you to come to this decision, you are a strong woman, and I admire your faith and obedience. While I cried for Ian's transition, I also rejoice in God's plan and pray that his new family will be able to give him everything he needs. I am sure that it is still hard for you, but like I said earlier, do everything for Him, and He will give you peace. I wish I was going to see you on Sat...I would give you a big hug. I miss you and I know that God provides...even in the midst of hurt.

    ReplyDelete