Remember Kobe from China?!? Yes, the college student I had hired in China. The one that was visiting Ian every weekend for the six months while we waited to travel. The guy that bonded with Ian in China that prepared him for America. Well guess who's coming to visit us on Monday...yes that KOBE!
I find not just a "coincidence" that Kobe will be here to help Ian once again to transition into his new home. As they say coincidences are just when God remains anonymous. Anyhow, we are planning to host Kobe a couple of nights next week, then he will go stay with Ian's new family for a few nights as well. We hope Kobe will help Ian still feel connected to his history in China. Kobe has a bond with Ian that we all hope will be lifelong. The G's are on board with keeping Rob and Kobe a special part of Ian's life.
Amazing that Kobe was even allowed a visa into America. We are very excited to see him again. I have continued a chat/email relationship with Kobe over the past 9 months. He was of course upset about the disruption, but he is happy that he will get to see Ian in his new home and get to meet his Forever Family in person. Travis and I are looking forward to picking him up at the airport Monday night!


No comments:
Post a Comment