Saturday, February 16, 2013

New Year Fun


 
The girls and I went across town today to celebrate Chinese New Year with our friends. Lots of littles there to celebrate with his year. Amazing how much this little group of folks have grown over the past 6 years. We got so big this year, we outgrew the restaurant! Lucy had a fabulous idea and moved us to their local high school. It worked perfectly for our "little" group.

I was able to meet some of "my" new babies today as well. Love helping families grow through adoption. It is truly amazing to watch lives being changed forever.

I suspect that now since the disruption, I won't be the "go-to" person anymore for China adoptions. That is one thing I will really miss. Time will tell I guess as to if I am still referred to new "clients" or not. I hope I can still help form new families through the miracle of adoption. I love seeing these babies live and in person for the first time :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have 2 friends that want to talk to me about the possibility of adopting...you will always be on my speed-dial for all things concerning adoption. I figure I will meet with my friends and tell tham about my experience and what I know with the underlying theme of "My friend Donna can fill in the blanks". I see this adoption advocacy as sort of a relay race. I run my part then I tag the next (stronger,faster) person (YOU!) and then you pick it up from there. I wouldn't hand the baton off to anyone else but you. Hope to see you Friday night at Hand & Hand in Duluth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh believe me, you are still my "go to" person!!! That won't change :))

    ReplyDelete