My nephew Austin will be graduating high school tonight. WOW, where does the time go?! I was reflecting a bit this morning as to how my sister must feel watching her baby graduate. Not sure how you watch without crying the whole time. I would think pride of raising such an accomplished person would take over instead of tears, but still…
These are some pics of how I still see Austin in my head. Always older than my boys, but still just a BOY. Reality is that he has grown up into an awesome young man. I will of course post some pics later of the graduation. But today, I just wanted to reflect on my sister and the great job she has done raising such a great kid. These pics remind me to cherish the times now with my young boys while they will still sit next to their moma ;) I don't want my babies to ever leave me. Funny how teenagerism will change that thought for me soon though, I am sure-lol.
Congratulations Sheila and Austin for one of life's greatest milestones. I hope you don't ever forget to give your mom a hug ever now and then, and remember to thank her for helping you become the great person you are!!P.S-After reading it sounded like Sheila was a single mom...oops! Scott gets some credit for raising up Austin too-lol
No comments:
Post a Comment