Friday, August 9, 2013

Pray for Ivy Joy Today

This precious baby girl is in need of your prayers today.  You can read more about her on their blog:
http://sammonsfamily7.blogspot.com/

Post from today...

"It is with a heavy heart that I share with you tonight. I should be jumping up and down, shouting from the rooftops, praising God for these words from the transplant team" ..."Ivy's heart has made the most drastic improvement we could possibly hope for! Her function looks so much better, she doesn't even look like the same frail and ill child that strolled into our office on May 7th. Her hypertension is just about gone, even her left ventricular function has drastically improved. If I had a crystal ball, I would say, your little girl is going to end up NOT needing a transplant with this upward improvement! Congratulations!!! "
So before I ask you to pray for Ivy tonight, I ask you to rejoice and give thanks first.
It was discovered today that Ivy has a large bleed in her head. After constant sleep and recurring head pain and spells of rolling eyes and deep sleep, we were able to get a CT scan that left us numb. Grief has crushed our spirit tonight and left us sending our precious little girl in to the operating room again. Ivy has been in the operating room since 8pm. The plan is to remove half her skull, hopefully find the source of the bleed, and drain the blood. If her brain is unaffected she will come back to us with her skull stapled back on, if it is affected then they will freeze that half of her skull until the swelling is down. She is extremely high risk for heart complications due to clotting. She is also at a very high risk for a re-bleed 2-3 days after the surgery. I cannot believe this is happening. I know that we will one day understand everything. I trust that God has my baby girl in his palm, and yet as a human, as a mommy, as a sinner saved by God's grace, I still just do not understand why? When will this baby get a break? When will these trials end? I am ready for Jesus to come back and take us all home and rescue us all from this suffering."

No comments:

Post a Comment