Sometimes I feel like I’m living in the bottom of an old cracker box—full of crumbs and cracker dust. Seriously, everywhere I look is a preponderance of dust and crumbs all over.
Yuck.
Recently I’ve had so much to do
and so little time. It isn’t like that is unusual for me, but this time
I’ve got deadlines and homework and housework and work work and children’s
activities and stuff to do. I really want to do it all well, too—not just my
usual fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants, gitterdone way of doing things.
But I’m wondering if it is physically
possible to do it all. Right now I’m in my sleep-a-little, work-a-lot mode. And
unfortunately, as I’m working on stuff, my house gets dustier and dustier and
dustier. The dishes get done, the laundry gets done and done and done, and
meals get made and eaten.
I’m wanting a mental break not mental
breakdown. All the thinking I need to do is making it difficult to
actually think about things. I feel frazzled and a bit hopeless in my outlook
which tends to make me either sad or fussy depending on the situation or day.
All that mental and emotional baggage makes my bed lumpy, so I don’t tend to
sleep well. I have some silly health issues which make sleep imperative, so if
I don’t get sleep I worry about my health and then I feel worse. Know what I
mean? Mind games … and not fun ones.
Thankfully, I feel like I’m climbing
out of my cracker box. And it isn’t because things have necessarily gotten
better, but I believe I’ve gotten better at dealing with things—especially
those things that want to steal my peace, overwhelm me, and make my house dusty.
And getting better hasn’t been a
measure of my great mental aptitude or strength, it is because God reminds me
daily that He is trustworthy. I see how He is using all this to strengthen me.
And amazingly, He is using it all for good in my life. He has given me so much
encouragement through friends who speak kind words, and also a few “brush away
the crumbs and get busy” words to me as well. He has given me beautiful
children who give me strength simply because I love them so dearly and I want
to give them the best. They don’t need a whiny, fussy, overwhelmed mommy!
I’m determined to brush away the crumbs
in my cracker box because I want to focus on the hope God gives me. Hope that
even in all the dust of my life, He is faithful to love me, provide for me, and
even dump me out of the box occasionally!
*Well no, I didn't actually write the above. However, I can SO relate!! Focusing more now on the fact that my God is my strength. I can do all things through Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment