Friday, August 22, 2014

20 YEARS Ago

I can clearly recall the page (yes, remember the pagers we had back then before cell phones) I received twenty years ago.  My dad and I were headed off to the lake in the boat when the beeper went off.  Immediately, we pulled over to get to a pay phone as quickly as possible (yes, remember those too-lol).  I called the number and was told "Welcome to MaxTech, you got the job!"

 
I was SO very excited!  I had scored my first office job and was going to make the big bucks, $5.75 per hour.  I was still going to college at night, but I was currently unemployed.  Who knew that 20 years later, I would still be blessed with the same job?!?!   Fortunately, I do make a little more than my starting pay now though ;) 
 
Of course this job has had plenty of ups and downs over the past two decades, but I wouldn't be the person I am today without them.  SO very blessed to have a job where I can still be a dedicated mom AND have a successful career!!  Hoping for 20 more :)

No comments:

Post a Comment