Just a few reminders (from my ladies) that I found quickly on my phone, and a couple of cards I received just this weekend as to why I continue to participate in Journey. Wednesday nights are LONG and tough and frankly...just draining for me.
So I have been asking myself if I should really continue to be part of this group. Considering that I am no longer married to someone who betrayed me, I have questioned if I should remain in this "dark world" of sorts week after week. My answer came this weekend when Melissa spoke a lot about contributing to the Kingdom. I looked around a huge room filled with many women whom I have been able to "help" in some small way on their painful journeys. I do believe this is the path that God wants me on right now, continuing to lead groups of ladies right in the middle of their HARD high trauma moments.
So even though it may appear that I am tooting my own horn per se, I am posting and reminding myself (and one day my kids) of why I do what I do every single Wednesday night. It is not a "fun way" to contribute to the Kingdom, but I do believe it has value and worth and is much needed in this dark fallen world we live in today. So I will continue to my calling to Journey groups right now, as long as I feel it is right where God wants me to be :)
Galatians 6 Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spiritshould restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. 3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves. 4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else, 5 for each one should carry their own load. 6 Nevertheless, the one who receives instruction in the word should share all good things with their instructor.
7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.





No comments:
Post a Comment