I know a lot of you would like to know how he's doing these days. So I thought I would share my texting with his mom today...
This popped up on my Facebook today.
How are y'all doing?
Please send any current photos you want to share.
Hey! We are good! Ian got a big award at school yesterday. He's had a great year! He ran his first 5k a few weeks ago and he just for his blue belt in Tae Kwon do.
That's wonderful news! I figured he would do well in all sports.
Yesterday!
Awwww
That's great!!
Thanks for sharing. Looks like he's finally grown a bit too
He's gotten taller but is still skinny as a rail! He says he wants to play football but I say you have to weigh more than a grain of rice to do that. LOL! The progress is slow and steady. There is no quick fix for his issues and no doubt some will be lifelong. I want a brain MRI but can get a neurologist here to do it. I have a friend in Washington, DC who is a brain injury specialist. I may try to take him up there this summer for an evaluation and MRI. I'd just like to know how much is a physical injury and what is a chemically induced injury i.e. FASD.
Did you see that Yahoo article this week about the use of meth being at epidemic proportions in China? The drugs and alcohol are everywhere!
UGH…I would imagine with meth being the new “inexpensive” drug that it is rampant everywhere
I sure hope you get some answers as I imagine how frustrating it must be to try to learn his “limits”
Exactly! In Asia it used to be heroin but that's getting replaced.
Yes you are right about the limits.
Are his siblings still “tolerate” to those special limitations?
Yes they do pretty well. Still trying to coach him to stay out of everybody's business as that is hard for him. N having Marcus has been a good thing and Marcus provides such good peer direction to Ian. Marcus is 12.
His teachers and other kids at school adore him! He truly excels within that routine and structure.
Who is Marcus?? Did you get a new one?!?
Marcus is N and A's biological brother from Florida. He joined us last June. Easiest transition ever! We met hi when Noah was born and he was two and The Lord carved out a place for him in our hearts then. It just took nine more years for birthmom to ask us to take him.
OH WOW! Well congratulations! You certainly get the crazy mom of the century award lol
Sounds like Ian is in the perfect home. Makes my heart smile. Thank you for that.😍
We are glad he is here! We have all learned a lot! We said we would meet him where he was and we have to consciously do that every day. R is amazing with him and they had a special bond from day one. He's good, momma!
Thanks for the updates. Please share any pics you would like to as the kids still ask about him. So I would love to “prove” to them that he is doing well. Take care.
Will do!
No comments:
Post a Comment