Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Let the Ortho Begin

 
 

And so it begins... S had her first orthodontic appliance installed yesterday. It is a palate expander permanently placed for about the next six months or so. She was a trooper getting it installed; however, this am she is very sore ;(

I hope she gets used to it sooner rather than later, as she has already called from the nurses office today. Plus, she hasn't figured out how to eat with it in her mouth, so I am sure she is starving by now. Poor baby girl.

I wish she didn't need it, but this just comes with the cleft territory. S will get braces started after this expander comes out. Looks like she will be in braces for about 2-3 years as her adult teeth continue to come in. Looking forward to a perfect smile for her in her adult years. I happen to love her little crooked teeth with her sweet smile right now though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment