Thursday, April 4, 2013

Beach Bound

Got word they are at the beach this week. His first time to experience the ocean!!

I just realized this week that S has an Ian in her classroom everyday.  I don't want S to "forget" him, but I can only imagine how much more difficult this is for her since she has to hear the name Ian every.single.day.  S has continued to ask if we can go visit him soon.  I did ask his new family if S could facetime with him.  I did not get an answer :(  I haven't pushed it, but I might just so S knows that he is indeed doing well.

F asked this week, just out of the blue, when Ian was coming back.  This was the first time she has ever asked where he even was, or showed any concern about where he was.  I explained to her that he wasn't ever coming back to live with us, that he has a new family now.  She seemed OK with that answer.  Strange how she just now asked about him, and he has been gone for 2 months.

The boys are doing fine with the transition I think.  C asks every now and then "How's Ian doing?".  I assure him that he is doing great.  I believe he does miss him a bit, but mainly concerned that he is OK and happy with his new family.

Someone inquired about the situation this week and asked how I was doing.  I do still think about him everyday, and continue to pray for him to have a healthy attachment with his family.  I explained to the person asking that the way I see the "story" now is that I know I have been used by God to help others bring home their children.  I believe that I did this with Ian as well.  I do believe that God used me to bring him home to his family.  Of course I had no idea at the time this was His plan for Ian, but I can now look back and be OK with the situation.  I did help Ian get out of the orphanage, and I pray that Ian will now find love and security in his new family. 

I am putting all my focus and attention now on my immediate family and our healing. I have wrapped up some of the loose ends with some of my "clients" and have pulled back from the adoption community a bit now.  All of my peeps have been matched with their children, and will be united with them soon.  I love helping orphans find families, and always will.  I just am not being quite as aggressive with that calling right now.  Getting ready to spend Spring Break away with my kids and focus on loving them and enjoying them right now.  God has given me some awesome little miracles in my life.  I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment